3.4 – Human impact on the environment
Pages 89 – 96 of the CGP revision notes.
- How is the increasing world population affecting the environment?
- What is believed to be causing “global warming”?
- What are the four problems caused by deforestation?
- Why is the loss of peat bogs of such concern?
- What are the consequences of climate change?
- How is evidence for climate change being gathered?
- How are ethanol and biogas made?
- What are the two types of biogas generator? How does each one work?
- What factors need to be considered when designing a biogas generator?
- What are the economic and environmental effects of using biofuels?
- How does reducing the number of stages in the food chain improve the efficiency of food production?
- How does restricting movement by farm animals improve the efficiency of food production?
- How does developing new food sources (eg. mycoprotein) improve the efficiency of food production?
- Why are modern farming techniques disliked by some people?
- What are ‘food miles’ and why should they be kept to a minimum?
- What steps have been taken to reduce the effects of over-fishing?