3.2 – The circulatory system
Pages 79 – 82 of the CGP revision notes.
- Why do we have a double circulatory system?
- Label the heart.
- Describe how the heart works.
- What is the function of valves?
- Describe the differences in the structure of arteries, veins and capillaries.
- How are red blood cells adapted to their function?
- What is the function of white blood cells?
- What is the function of platelets?
- What is transported in plasma?
- What are the benefits of artificial blood?
- What sort of repairs can be carried out on the heart?