2.4 – Enzymes (and respiration)
Pages 55 – 60 of the CGP revision notes.
- What are the main properties of enzymes?
- How do enzymes work (E-S complex)?
- How (and why) are enzymes affected by heat / pH?
- What substrates and products are involved with amylase, protease and lipase enzymes? (A big area of weakness in your mock).
- Which enzymes work in the mouth, stomach, small intestine?
- What are the two key functions of bile?
- What is definition of “respiration”?
- What is the word equation for aerobic respiration?
- What is the energy released in respiration used for?
- In what two ways is the heart affected by exercise?
- In what two ways is breathing affected by exercise?
- How does exercise affect glycogen stores?
- What is the difference between an/aerobic respiration?
- What is the word equation for anaerobic respiration in muscles?
- What is the oxygen debt?
- How are enzymes used commercially in: detergents, food processing, industry?
- What are the dis/advantages of using enzymes in industry?