1.3 – Control (neurones and hormones)
Pages 19 – 24 of the CGP revision notes.
- What are eceptors, sensory neurones, relay neurones, motor neurones, effectors.
- What are synapses / how do they work?
- What are the functions of reflexes?
- What are the stages of a reflex arc?
- What are hormones?
- Three comparisons between hormones and nerves?
- What are the four stages of the menstrual cycle?
- What are the roles of FSH / oestrogen / LH?#
- How are hormones used to reduce / increase fertility?
- How does IVF work? Pros and cons?
- Explain how auxins change the direction of growth of plants.
- What are the applications of hormones to agriculture?