1.2 – Fighting Disease
Pages 13 – 18 of the CGP revision notes.
- What are the differences between bacteria and viruses?
- Describe the body’s defense system.
- Three ways that white blood cells stop infection?
- How does vaccination work?
- The pros and cons of vaccination?
- Differences between painkillers and antibiotics?
- How do bacteria become resistant to antibiotics?
- How are bacteria grown in a lab?
- What did we learn from Semmelweis?
- Why is antibiotic resistance becoming more common?
- What dangers are posed by mutating bacteria and viruses?